Terms & Conditions
- Promotional Coupon 204657 must be quoted at time of reservation to redeem the offer.
- Offer is available at all Corporate locations in Australia and all Franchise locations excluding the following: AUTSBUR50, AUTSBUR60, AUTSDPO50, AUTSDPO60, AUTSDPO61, AUTSHOB50, AUTSHOB60, AUTSLAU50, AUTSLAU60.
- Offer is available on the following vehicles: Compact Auto (H), Intermediate Auto (C), Standard Auto (S), Fullsize Auto (D), Premium Auto (P), Compact SUV (G), Intermediate SUV (I), Fullsize SUV 5 Paxs (E), Fullsize SUV 7 Paxs (E1), Luxury Van 8 Paxs (T), Mobility Van (T1), Standard 4WD (J), Fullsize 4WD (R), DC 4WD Canopy (U), Intermediate Auto Fun (H5), Fullsize Prestige (F5), Intermediate Prestige SUV (V5), Fullsize Prestige SUV (J5), Intermediate Sport SUV (U5), Fullsize Sports (M5).
- Minimum rental period of one (1) consecutive days with a maximum of twenty eight (28) consecutive days rental applies. Maximum discount of 15% off Time and Kilometer charges only.
- Rental days are based on a twenty-four (24) hour period. A fifty-nine (59) minute grace period is allowed for returns. Returns outside the grace period will be charged up to an extra day rental fee.
- Offer excludes tax, fees, optional products and services.
- Offer is not applicable on contract, Pre-paid, tours, government or insurance replacement rentals.
- Offer is non-discountable and may not be combined with any other promotion, special offer or coupon.
- Hertz standard driver and credit qualifications in effect at time and place of rental apply.
- Minimum driver age without surcharge is 25 years.
- Drivers aged 21- 24 years may be eligible to rent subject to an age differential charge.
- Vehicle models may differ and specifications may vary by location.
- Vehicles can be reserved by car group only and not by particular car model or colour.
- Fleet subject to change without notice.
- Blackout periods may apply check at time of reservation.
- Terms and Conditions are subject to change without notice
Hertz competition terms and conditions
- WHO CAN ENTER?
To be eligible to enter the Hertz Mustang Car Giveaway Competition (competition) you must:
- be over the age of 21;
- hold a valid driver’s licence and
- reside in Australia.
Employees of Hertz and Ford, their spouses, parents, grandparents, children, grand-children, brothers and sisters, brothers in law, sisters in law and any agencies associated with this competition are ineligible to enter.
- Corporate customers renting a vehicle by utilising a corporate discount program number are ineligible to enter the competition.
HOW TO ENTER
The competition period commences at 00.01am AEST on 1 September 2018 and ends at 23.59pm AEST on 31 October 2018 (competition period), and Hertz reserves the right to extend the competition end date at any time (subject to regulatory approval, if required).
To enter the competition you must rent a passenger vehicle (excluding Economy "Group A" vehicles) or prestige vehicle within the Hertz fleet for a minimum of 1 day (24 hours) using the advertised promotional code at the time of booking. Rental bookings must be made during the competition period with the rental period occurring between 1 September 2018 to 31 January 2019.
Rental bookings for the competition can be made during the competition period either:
- online using the advertised promotional code through the Hertz Australia website;
- online using the advertised promotional code by clicking on the 'book now' link on the competition landing page at http://hertz.com.au/100; or
- by calling the Hertz reservation line on 13 30 39 and quoting the advertised promotional code.
- Same day rental bookings made in person at a Hertz location will not be eligible to enter the competition.
- The competition will be advertised on the Hertz Australia website, the Hertz Australia Facebook and Instagram pages and through paid digital media and billboards. Advertisements will include a link or instructions to the competition landing page.
- No late entries will be accepted.
- A limit of one entry to the competition per booking applies.
SELECTION OF WINNERS
- One winner will be chosen by a random draw which will take place at 1.00pm AEDT on 19 February 2019 at Hertz head office, 636 St Kilda Road Melbourne, Victoria, Australia 3004. The first valid entry drawn will win the prize as described below.
- The winner will be notified by email and telephone on the day of the draw.
- The name of the winner will be published on the competition landing page at http://hertz.com.au/100 within 30 days of the draw. The name and address of the winner will be published in the Australian within 30 days of the draw, unless the winner otherwise requests.
- The results of the draw will be final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into in relation to the results of the draw. This is a game of chance.
SECOND CHANCE DRAW
- If the winner does not respond within three months of being notified by Hertz that they have won the competition, or if the winner is not readily identifiable and reasonable efforts have been made by Hertz to identify the winner which were unsuccessful, they will automatically forfeit their prize and Hertz reserves the right to select another winner through a second chance draw.
- If necessary, a second chance draw will be held on 21 May 2019 at the same time and place as the first draw. The first valid entry drawn will win any unclaimed prizes. The second chance draw winner will be notified by email and telephone on the day of the draw.
- The name of the second chance draw winner will be published on the competition landing page at http://hertz.com.au/100 within 30 days of the second chance draw. The name and address of the second chance draw winner will also be published in the Australian within 30 days of the second chance draw, unless the second chance draw winner otherwise requests.
- The results of any second chance draw will be final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into in relation to the results of the draw.
PROMOTION AND MARKETING
- By entering the competition the winner consents and agrees to participate without remuneration in such promotional activity and material as Hertz may require, including activities promoting this promotion (and its outcome) and any services provided or goods manufactured or distributed by Hertz.
- The winner also consents to the use and publication of their name, likeness, image and/or voice (including photographs, audio and video recordings in any media) and any other details provided by the winner for an unlimited period in any marketing material without any further reference or payment to the winner.
- The prize winner will receive a MY 2018 Ford FN Mustang GT 5.0L V8 Fastback 10-speed Automatic motor vehicle (base model excluding extras). Total prize valued at AUD $65,990 (incl GST) which is calculated based on the Victorian Manufacturer List Price as at the publishing date of these terms and conditions). The recommended retail price varies from state to state/territory. The prize includes all on-road costs (dealer delivery and statutory charges, 12 months' registration and stamp duty). The internal and external vehicle colour will be chosen at Hertz's discretion and will be subject to availability. The vehicle's appearance may vary from promotional material. Any number plate details for the vehicle used in the promotional material are representational only. The prize does not include comprehensive insurance or any other accessories not specified. The prize does not include any costs associated with redeeming the prize such as travel, meals, accommodation, spending money or taxes.
- The prize will not be transferable to another person.
- No part of a prize is exchangeable or redeemable for cash or any other prize.
- If the prize is not available for any reason, Hertz reserves the right to substitute the prize with another item of equal or greater value if the winner agrees in writing and subject to any written directions from any applicable regulatory authority. If the winner does not agree despite reasonable attempts by Hertz to reach an agreement and the prize is not available due to circumstances beyond Hertz's control, Hertz may substitute the prize with another item or items determined by Hertz to be of equal or higher value.
- The winner will be contacted by Hertz to arrange for delivery of the vehicle to their usual residential address or collection of the vehicle from a Hertz location or Ford dealership nearest to their usual residential address, as nominated by Hertz in its sole discretion. Upon delivery or collection of the vehicle (as applicable), the winner must provide their current driver’s licence for inspection and demonstrate that Hertz has arranged the required registration and compulsory insurance in their name, and provide such information and sign such documents as Hertz and Ford require to confer ownership of the vehicle on the winner before the vehicle may be taken or driven away from the collection point. Delivery or collection of the vehicle is subject to availability of the vehicle. If the vehicle is collected, the winner is responsible for all costs incurred by them to travel to and from the nearest dealership to collect the vehicle.
- Title to and risk associated with the vehicle passes from Ford to the prize winner on collection from the dealership or delivery to the prize winner's usual residential address (as applicable).
- Please read these competition terms and conditions carefully. If you enter the competition, we will assume that you have read these terms and conditions and that you agree to them.
- Hertz reserves the right to amend the competition and its terms and conditions at any time and for any reason, subject to regulatory approval (if required) and will notify entrants of any such amendments as soon as reasonably practicable on the competition landing page at hertz.com.au/100. It is the entrant's responsibility to regularly check the competition landing page for any amendments. Any amendments will be applied and interpreted at the sole discretion of Hertz.
- If the competition is not capable of running as planned including by reason of technical failure, fraud or any cause beyond Hertz's control, Hertz may cancel or suspend the competition or invalidate any affected entries, to the extent permitted by law.
- Hertz does not accept responsibility for any entries that are delayed or which are not received for any reason during the competition period.
- To the extent permitted by law, Hertz shall not be liable for any loss, damage or injury suffered in connection with the conduct of the competition or the redemption or use of the prize (including but not limited to direct loss) including:
- technical or telecommunications problems (such as security breaches, technical website malfunctions or glitches); or
- acts or omissions (including negligent acts of omissions) of Hertz's employees or agents involved in the conduct of this competition who are acting outside their authority as agent of Hertz.
- By participating in this competition, entrants release and hold harmless Facebook from any and all liability associated with this competition, to the extent permitted by law (in which case that liability is limited to the maximum extent permitted by law).
- Hertz and entrants acknowledge that this competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook.
- Entrants acknowledge that they are providing information to Hertz and not to Facebook.
- Entrants acknowledge that Ford is not a promoter or sponsor of this competition and that Ford is not responsible for the conduct of this competition.
- Hertz is not liable for any tax implications arising from prize winnings, including fringe benefits tax. Independent financial advice should be sought.
- The laws of Victoria apply to this competition. Entrants submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the laws of Victoria.
- Hertz collects personal information about entrants to conduct and manage the competition, verify your identity and eligibility to enter, to contact winners and publish their names, to comply with its legal obligations as the Promoter and for marketing and publicity purposes. Hertz may, for these purposes, disclose your personal information to third parties, such as its agents, contractors, service providers, Australian regulatory authorities (as required)
- This competition is being run by Hertz Australia Pty. Limited ACN 004 407 087 of 636 St Kilda Road, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia 3004.
- To contact Hertz, please call 13 30 39.
- NSW permit number LTPS/18/57165
- SA permit number T18/1448
- ACT permit number TP 18/01579